Search

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Honey Mustard dressing

My son loves honey mustard dipping sauce (it's tragic when we run out). I forgot to buy some and had to search the fridge to throw something together for him. I didn't use a recipe or measure anything out thinking it would be the only time I would need to make it from scratch. Well, that was over a year ago and my son has asked me a dozen times since to make it again. So I searched several recipes on the web trying to find a recipe similar to the one I whipped up. This one is very close and it tastes really good.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) 
2 Tbs yellow mustard
2 Tbs honey
1 Tbs lemon juice (or vinegar)

Mix it all together and enjoy. This can be used as a dip or dressing.

The first time I made this I only had Miracle Whip and that's what I used. It was way too sweet. So if that's all you have on hand than you may want to cut back on the honey. I have not tried it with vinegar yet but the recipe I found said you could use either lemon juice or vinegar. If you've tried this with Vinegar leave a comment and let me know how it tastes.

0 comments:

Post Message...

 
Blogging tips