Search

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Strawberry Lemonade

I just love frozen strawberry lemonades from McDonald's. Before we moved we had a McD's in walking distance from our house. It was the perfect combination. I got my exercise walking to McD's and my strawberry lemonade fix everyday...it was my motivation. So just imagine my disappointment when we moved to a town that doesn't even have a McD's! I started having major withdraws, I had to do something so I went to the grocery store only to find out they don't carry strawberry syrup. So I Googled a recipe and this is what I found.



Strawberry syrup:
2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix strawberries and sugar in a sauce pan. Stirring occasionally, cook on med/high heat until it begins to thicken (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and puree half of it (or mash it with a potato masher). Place it back in with the remainder and cool in the fridge.

Lemonade:
1 cup real lemon juice
1 cup sugar
add enough water to make 2 quarts
Mix in desired amount of strawberry syrup and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post Message...

 
Blogging tips